The CertTEC Avionics certifications are accredited by the International Certification Accreditation Council (ICAC) to meet the ISO 17024 guidelines.
Information about the Avionics Practical Certifications
To learn about the Avionics Written Certification, go to our Credential Testing Services website.
Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Practical Skills Certificate
- The CertTEC Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Practical Skills Certificate is the only Avionics practical skills assessment available today.
- It meets ASTM International’s F3245-17 Standard Guide for Aircraft Electronics Technician standard practical skills requirements and is closely-aligned with the European Aviation Safety Agency’s (EASA) Part-66 B2 practical testing requirements.
- The CertTEC AET Practical Skills Certificate challenges the candidate to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in measuring, analyzing, and troubleshooting Avionics systems and equipment.
- The CertTEC Avionics performance assessment is segmented into four distinct sections; 1) DC and AC Electricity, 2) A/D and D/A Conversion, 3) Connector Troubleshooting and 4) Aircraft Systems. The four sections must be challenged all at one time.
CertTEC AE-EWIS Practical Skills Certificate
- The CertTEC AE-EWIS Practical Skills Certificate meets ASTM International’s F3245-17 Standard Guide for Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) standard practical skills requirements and is closely-aligned with the EASA Part-66 B2 practical testing requirements.
- The CertTEC AE-EWIS challenges technicians to demonstrate the ability to interpret engineering drawing symbols, flags, and general notes, use standard tools and equipment to build an aircraft electrical system, and test for conformance to specifications by ensuring signal flow throughout the system.
- CertTEC AE-EWIS also challenges technicians to demonstrate the ability to assemble wire harnesses by cutting, stripping and insulating wire with heat shrink tubing; attaching wires to fixtures and accessories such as circuit breakers, switches and terminal strips; crimping pins, soldering sockets and turrets; routing harnesses properly and mating connectors.
For information on costs of the Certifications, go to this link.
For more information about these Certifications, contact CertTEC staff.